Books and Book Chapters
- Pérez, L., Gulley, A., and Prickett, L. (2016). Improving access to higher education with UDL and switch access technology: A case study. In M. Mills (Ed.), Empowering learners with mobile open-access learning initiatives, Hershey, PA: IGI Global.
- Pérez, L., Grant, K., and Dalton, E. (2016). Universal Design for Learning and online learning. In S. Bryans-Bongey and K. Graziano (Eds.). Online teaching: Issues, methods and best practices for K-12 educators. Eugene, OR: International Society for Technology in Education.
- Pérez, L. (2013). Mobile learning for all: Supporting accessibility with the iPad. Thousand Oaks, California: Corwin Press.
- Pérez, L., and Bryant, E. (2013). Mobile Learning for All: Accessibility considerations for mobile pedagogy. In D. McConatha, C. Penny, J. Schugar and D. Bolton (Eds.). Mobile pedagogy and perspectives on teaching and learning. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- King, K., Pérez, L., Sterner, D., and Bryant, E. (2013). Proactive solutions for accessibility in higher education: Meeting governmental policy and legal demands through universal design. In B. Ran (Ed.), Contemporary Perspectives on technological innovation, management and policy. Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
Peer Reviewed Journal Publications
- Dalton, E., Pérez, L., and Grant, K. (2016). SOOC: Addressing varied learning needs through online professional development and UDL. Journal on Technology and Persons with Disabilities, 4. Available online at http://scholarworks.csun.edu/handle/10211.3/180099.
- Caruana, V., Woodrow, K., and Pérez, L. (2015). Using the Learning Activities Survey to examine transformative learning experiences in two graduate teacher preparation courses. InSight: A journal of scholarly teaching. Volume 10.
- Dunn, A., and Pérez, L. (2012). Universal Design for Learning (UDL) in Action: The smart inclusion toolkit. Teaching Exceptional Children, 45(2). Available online at http://tecplus.org/articles.
- Allsopp, D., Colucci, K., Doone, E., Pérez, L., Hohlfeld, T., and Bryant, E. (2012). Interactive whiteboard technology for students with disabilities: A yearlong exploratory study. Journal of Special Education Technology, 27(4).
- Dalton, E., Grant, K. & Perez, L. (2015). Improving the MOOC: Developing the Short (and Supportive) Open Online Course Model. In New Dimensions Toward Education, Advocacy and Collaboration: Proceedings of the 14th Biennial Conference of the International Association of Special Education (pp. 58-60). June 21-25. Wroclaw, Poland: IASE.
- Dalton, E., Ferguson, B.T., Grant, K. & Perez, L. (2015). Universal Design for Learning: Integration Models in Pre-service and In-service Instructor Training. In New Dimensions Toward Education, Advocacy and Collaboration: Proceedings of the 14th Biennial Conference of the International Association of Special Education (pp. 58-60). June 21-25. Wroclaw, Poland: IASE.
- Dalton, E., Grant, K. & Perez, L. (2014). SOOC: A New Model for Online Professional Learning Communities Focus: Universal Design for Learning. In Proceedings of World Conference on E- Learning in Corporate, Government, Healthcare, and Higher Education 2014 (pp. 1918-1926). Chesapeake, VA: AACE.
- Pérez, L. (2016, December). Four new accessibility features of iOS 10 you should know. Closing the Gap Solutions. Henderson, MN: Closing the Gap.
- Pérez, L. (2016, January). Finding the light when you’re losing your vision. The Mighty.
- Pérez, L. and Marotta, M. (2016). Smart watches for access and inclusion. Closing the Gap Solutions. Henderson, MN: Closing the Gap.
- Pérez, L., and Grant, K. (2015, June 8). 4 AR tools to support executive functioning and engagement. Toolbox section, International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) website.
- Pérez, L. (2015, June 30). nABLE framework to inclusive learning environments. Diversa: Inclusive education in practice.
- Pérez, L., and Grant, K. (2015, June 8). 27 Tools for diverse learners. Toolbox section, International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE) website.
- Pérez, L. (2015, April 27). From accommodations to accessibility: Creating learning environments that work for all. Educause Review, 50(3).
- Pérez, L. (2013). nABLEing all learners: Apps as transformation technology. Closing the Gap Solutions, Henderson, MN: Closing the Gap.
- Pérez, L., Furler, B., and Reat, C. (2013, November). Accessing ability: Mobile devices as tools for classroom empowerment. Texas Computer Education Association TechEdge, 34(4), 12-13.
- Pérez, L. (2013, April 23). 12 advanced iPad tips every educator should learn. THE Journal, Chatsworth, CA: 1105 Media.
- Pérez, L. (2013, June 5). Magical moments. The Loop Magazine. Issue 3.
- Pérez, L. (2013). iPhoneography: Photography for all. Future Reflections, 32(1), Baltimore: American Action Fund for Blind Children and Adults.
- Pérez, L. (2013, Spring). Entre/Between. Poem published in American Educational Research Association Qualitative Research Special Interest Group Newsletter.
Digital Publications (iBooks Store)
- Pérez, L. (2015). Apple Watch tips and tricks with a focus on access and inclusion.
- Hills, C. and Pérez, L. (2015). Handsfree: Mastering switch control on iOS.
- Pérez, L. (2015, 2016). Zoom in: Low vision supports for Apple users.
- Pérez, L. (2014). I am more powerful than you think: Changing perceptions of disability through digital storytelling.
- Pérez, L. (2014). A touch of light: Photography for all abilities.
- Tech Insider: A legally blind man took these amazing photos – Thanks to Apple (7/31/15)
- Business Insider: An iPhone feature most people never find is doing something amazing for the visually impaired (7/27/15)
- The Gulf Today: ZU talks inclusion of special needs students, focuses on mobile tech. (4/6/15)
- THE Journal: 6 ways to engage every learner (12/3/14)
- Sydney Morning Herald Digital Life: Luis Perez finds blindness caused by retinitis pigmentsa no barrier to enjoying photography(6/4/14)
- Tech Guide: Meet Luis Perez, the master iPhone photographer who is legally blind (5/26/14).
- Media Access Australia Access IQ: Q&A: Inclusive Learning Evangelist Luis Perez (5/19/14)
- News Corp Australia: How to take amazing pictures on your iPhone: Three photographers reveal their top tips (5/16/14)
- New York Times: Disruptions, Visually Impaired Turn to Smartphones to See Their World (9/29/13).
- Salt Lake Tribune: At Salt Lake seminar, visually impaired learn how high tech can unleash creativity (3/24/12).